Saturday, April 16, 2011

Update

I had forgotten how exhausting it can be to sit in class for a week, absorbing and applying a boatload of all new information. By 5 on Friday, my brain had shifted to "stand-by".

My set of skills has expanded quite a bit since I started my new job.  If you were to come to my clinic, I now have the skills to enter you as a new patient in the system, register you, put in all your insurance information (if you have multiple insurances, I can coordinate your benefits), get a referral from your doctor and enter it in our system, and collect your co-pay (if you have one). After I got you all checked in, I'd take you to an exam room and get you settled to await your consultation with your doctor and possible subsequent treatment for whatever ails you. I can take your x-ray, and if need be, wrap you up in a splint or cast. I can also remove said cast on your next visit. When we're all done, I can show you out. Oh yeah, I've got skills. Will I have to do all of these things with every patient that comes through the door? No (I don't have that multiply-yourself-into-10-people superpower). But I know how. They're making me a very valuable and versatile employee, which is great for my job-security. Once the clinic really gets off the ground and we bring a few more staff on-board, things will be a little easier. I'm really enjoying work, it's just taking some time to rebuild my stamina after being off for so long. Weekends have definitely regained their value.

In other news, we had a youth revival at church last night and tonight. It was such a blessing to see the teens' willingness to come and serve God. The services each night were wonderfully refreshing. I really enjoyed all the singing, as well as the messages. I hope it becomes an annual event. On a side note, Daniel has done a great job leading our youth choir. Every week you can see their confidence increase, and more and more of them are volunteering to sing a solo part or participate in a small group. I love it! Now, I'm really looking forward to our church services tomorrow.

As you may have noticed, posts are coming few and far between these days. This is due to the fact that my spare time has become much more... spare. I'll continue to blog, but it'll probably be just one or two per week, whenever I have the time or something worth saying. I've got to balance blogging with my other hobbies, reading and art! Thanks to all of my readers- keep me in your prayers! 

1 comment: